Relational Leadership Weekend is an experience created by The LEAD Program and brought to you by the South Central District of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. This two night retreat is for Ordinands & Consecrants to grow in their leadership of themselves and those they lead. This retreat meets requirements for Ordination / Consecration.
Relational Leadership Weekend
A weekend to make you and your relationships better.
At Relational Leadership Weekend each participant (married or single) will be trained in relational awareness using Strengths Deployment Inventory by Core Strengths. Combined with the SDI assessment tool, each participant will engage with the following topics – Core Motivations, Core Strengths, Conflict Management and Resolution. It is extremely important to know yourself well and to know the core motivations and strengths of the leaders around you. Core Strengths is a powerful tool that will help your view of yourself and others.
There is a book to read (Beyond Ordinary – more details are below) that will be discussed at the retreat on Friday evening. Be ready to share in small groups about marriage, ministry, integrity, hope and healing.
Each couple and single will have their own one hour counseling session with a certified counselor on Saturday afternoon. The Prepare-Enrich assessment tool (for couples) will be a helpful guide for discovering areas of each couple’s marriage relationship that are in agreement, as well as not in agreement. The counselor will guide each couple through each area. The Hope Counseling Assessment by Elton Hume (for singles) is a helpful tool to process spiritual growth, personality and self awareness.
Relational Leadership Weekend is both a lecture and relational workshop environment. Hundreds of leaders have benefited from this retreat weekend and believe it has made them and their relationships better! We expect that the Lord will impact you in similar ways.
South Central District Relational Leadership Weekend (RLW) 2022
- Retreat begins at 7p on Friday evening, July 22.
- Retreat will be completed by 4p Sunday afternoon, July 24.
- Retreat Location is the Alliance South Central District office in Arlington, TX.
- The Alliance South Central District subsidizes the cost for this retreat. We also highly encourage you to ask your local church to help defer some of the remaining cost.
- After the district subsidy, your cost is $800 for a couple, or $600 for a single (minus any amounts your local church will contribute). Please note: you are responsible for the entire amount due, regardless of the arrangements you make with your local church).
All meals & snacks, lodging, assessments, and counseling sessions are INCLUDED in the cost of Relational Leadership Weekend.
Travel to and from RLW is NOT INCLUDED in the price and is the participants’ responsibility.
- Ordinands / Consecrants are to bring their spouse to the retreat (if applicable).
- Each participant must buy and read the book Beyond Ordinary BEFORE coming to the retreat.
- Each participant must complete the Core Strengths SDI Assessment and review associated web pages BEFORE coming to the retreat.
- Each married couple will complete the Prepare-Enrich Assessment BEFORE coming to the retreat. Assessment results will be given at the retreat.
- Each single person will complete the HOPE Counseling Center Assessment BEFORE coming to the retreat. Assessment results will be given at the retreat.
- Each married couple will spend one hour with a certified counselor while at the retreat.
- Each single person will spend one hour with a certified counselor while at the retreat.
- Once you have registered and paid (on or before June 18, 2022) links to the online assessment tools will be sent to your email account (and to your spouse’s – if applicable). These assessments must be completed by June 30, 2022. It is your responsibility to complete these assessments in order to be prepared for the weekend.